Honda, one of the largest automaker from Japan will start to sell its new minivan, the 2011 Odyssey, in the U.S from Sept. 30.
The 2011 Honda Odyssey will cost $27,800, or $1,000 more than the current version. For 2011 The Japanese automaker calls its new minivan an “American Odyssey.”
“What a beautiful vehicle we have created together,” said Art StCyr, the Odyssey’s chief engineer. “It’s called the American Odyssey because — for the first time — the Odyssey minivan was designed, developed, and manufactured in the U.S. What a great sense of pride that brings to all of us.”
According to U.S. sales chief John Mendel, the Japanese automaker want’s to sell in 2011 110,000 Odyssey’s vehicles.
The mew Honda Odyssey comes with a brand new exterior with a bunch of new convenient improvements including ‘only’ 15 cup holders and a new “3-mode” second-row seat design that expands laterally, along with a simpler-to-operate, one-motion, 60/40 split 3rd-row Magic Seat.
The vehicle comes with an improved fuel economy, which is now combined 21 miles per gallon in city and highway for LX and EX models as against 18 mpg of the current model.
New Comfort and Convenience Feature Highlights:
- 3-mode second-row seating enhances comfort and convenience (EX and above)
- 15GB memory Hard Disk Drive (HDD)-based audio system digitally holds approximately 175 CDs, replaces 6-disc changer (EX-L Navi and Touring)
- 2GB memory CD-Library digitally holds approximately 18 CDs, replaces 6-disc changer (EX and EX-L)
- FM traffic data (EX-L Navi and Touring)
- 16.2-inch Ultrawide Rear Entertainment System (RES) and HDMI port (Touring Elite)
- Cool box maintains coolness of beverages (EX-L and above)
- Multi-view rear-view camera with parking aid lines (EX-L Navi and Touring)
- Removable front floor console (EX and above)
- Flip-up trash bag ring (EX and above)
- Blind spot information system (Touring Elite)
- Auto-leveling HID headlights (Touring Elite)
- Spacious eight-passenger seating (seven on Odyssey LX)
- One-Motion 60/40 Split 3rd-Row Magic Seat® (more comfortable and convenient)
- Available 3-Mode second-row seat
- Available premium features include leather, navigation and Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®
- Passenger volume of 172.6 cubic feet (Odyssey LX), cargo volume of 38.4 cubic feet (maximum cargo volume of 148.5 cubic feet behind first row)
- Front-row removable center console (Odyssey EX and above)
- Second-row 3-mode seating with multi-function center seat / armrest (Odyssey EX and above)
- Dedicated mobile device storage areas
- Bluetooth audio streaming (Odyssey EX-L and above)