Today, Ward’s Auto announced the list of their 10 best engines for 2011. For the last 17 years, the industry publication has recognized the market leaders in engine technology available in cars selling for less than $55, 000 US.
For 2010 the top starts with the 3.0L TFSI Supercharged DOHC V-6 from Audi and the 3.0L N55 Turbocharged DOHC I-6 from BMW – both engine from Germany. First american engine is found on the 4th place, the 3.6L Pentastar DOHC V-6 that is installed on the actual Dodge Avenger.
“We have something for everybody on this year’s Ward’s 10 Best Engines list,” says Drew Winter, editor-in-chief of Ward’s AutoWorld magazine. “It’s the most diverse mix we’ve ever had, as well as the most technologically advanced.”
WARD’S 10 BEST ENGINES LIST FOR 2011
* 3.0L TFSI Supercharged DOHC V-6 (Audi S4)
* 3.0L N55 Turbocharged DOHC I-6 (BMW 335i)
* 1.6L Turbocharged DOHC I-4 (Mini Cooper S)
* 3.6L Pentastar DOHC V-6 (Dodge Avenger)
* 5.0L DOHC V-8 (Ford Mustang GT)
* 1.4L DOHC I-4/111kW Drive Motor (Chevrolet Volt)
* 5.0L Tau DOHC V-8 (Hyundai Genesis)
* 80kW AC Synchronous Electric Motor (Nissan Leaf)
* 2.0L DOHC I-4 Turbodiesel (Volkswagen Jetta TDI)
* 3.0L Turbocharged DOHC I-6 (Volvo S60)