The sixth-generation Corvette is now entering its eighth year of production, but it appears Chevrolet isn’t about to let its hallowed sports car languish entirely for the 2012 model year.
New details on the 2012 Chevrolet Corvette have been leaked by a dealer onto this realm called the Internet.
Chevrolet has disclosed that there will be a Centennial Edition package for the 2012 Vette, available on all trim levels of the sports car. That car will be available only with a black exterior. And it appears that’s the only black on the Corvette color palate for 2012, according to some ordering information posted by Montana Chevy dealer Ken Fitchner at www.corvetteforum.com.
For 2012, the Z07 Ultimate Performance package for the Corvette Z06 includes Performance Traction Management (previously a ZR1 exclusive), Michelin PS Cup tires, black cup-style aluminum wheels, Magnetic Selective Ride Control and Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes.
Finally, expect to see a new ‘Technology’ package featuring a Bose premium sound system, a head-up-display, Bluetooth and USB connectivity and satellite navigation.
Changes from 2011:
• Front and rear tires are now represented with 1 RPO code
• (MM6) is now the RPO code for the 6-speed manual transmission for Coupe, Convertible and Z06
• (MZ6) is now the RPO code for the 6-speed manual transmission for Grand Sport
• (ME2) is now the RPO code for the 6-speed manual transmission for ZR1
• (MYC) is now the RPO code for the 6-speed automatic transmission
• 3LT, 4LT and 2LZ now include (U3U) navigation1 audio system and USB port2
• New steering wheel design
• Suede seat inserts included on 4LT, 3LZ, 3ZR
• Bose audio upgrade to 9 speakers with new subwoofers
• (J55) Brake calipers painted Black
Deletions from 2012:
• Exterior colors
––(85U) Jetstream Blue Metallic Tintcoat
• (US9) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer