(Inautonews.com/GMM) Fernando Alonso has signed up with Ferrari for another five years, the Italian team announced on Thursday.
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said last week he hopes to keep the Spaniard, who joined the Maranello based outfit last year, for “a long time“.
Thursday’s press release said Ferrari “has renewed its technical and racing agreement” with Alonso, 29, through the end of 2016.
“Fernando has all the required qualities, both technically and personally to play a leading role in the history of Ferrari and I hope he will be enriching it with further wins very soon,” said Montezemolo.
Alonso said there is “no doubt” he will end his F1 career with Ferrari.