Apr.14 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Fernando Alonso says he is still not pre-empting the FIA’s decision over his participation in the Chinese grand prix.

The Spaniard will shortly meet with doctors at the Shanghai circuit, having been sidelined in Bahrain with chest injuries sustained in his huge Melbourne crash.

But AS newspaper, a Spanish sports daily, claims Alonso is now completely recovered from the lung problem that actually sidelined him in Bahrain.

Reports have suggested the 34-year-old still has a fractured rib, but while Alonso and McLaren-Honda sound “cautious, the truth is that they have full confidence that he will race”, AS added.

“Fernando has already had the relevant scan in the Oviedo (Spain) clinic and it shows an important improvement,” the newspaper declared.

Alonso’s meeting with FIA doctors will take place at 11am local in China.

Earlier on Thursday, front bodywork outside Alonso’s pit box still showed substitute Stoffel Vandoorne’s race number 47.

“I am training again now and feel fit,” Roger Benoit, the highly-respected F1 correspondent for Swiss newspaper Blick, quoted Alonso as saying on Thursday.

“But I also thought I would race in Bahrain so we are waiting for the new decision,” Alonso added.


Apr.14 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Fernando Alonso says he is still not pre-empting the FIA’s decision over his participation in the Chinese grand prix.

The Spaniard will shortly meet with doctors at the Shanghai circuit, having been sidelined in Bahrain with chest injuries sustained in his huge Melbourne crash.

But AS newspaper, a Spanish sports daily, claims Alonso is now completely recovered from the lung problem that actually sidelined him in Bahrain.

Reports have suggested the 34-year-old still has a fractured rib, but while Alonso and McLaren-Honda sound “cautious, the truth is that they have full confidence that he will race”, AS added.

“Fernando has already had the relevant scan in the Oviedo (Spain) clinic and it shows an important improvement,” the newspaper declared.

Alonso’s meeting with FIA doctors will take place at 11am local in China.

Earlier on Thursday, front bodywork outside Alonso’s pit box still showed substitute Stoffel Vandoorne’s race number 47.

“I am training again now and feel fit,” Roger Benoit, the highly-respected F1 correspondent for Swiss newspaper Blick, quoted Alonso as saying on Thursday.

“But I also thought I would race in Bahrain so we are waiting for the new decision,” Alonso added.