Feb.25 (GMM/Inautonews.com) McLaren-Honda has confirmed that Fernando Alonso will sit out the final test of the winter this week.
Earlier on Wednesday, three nights in hospital after his testing crash at Barcelona, the Spaniard finally returned home to his native Oviedo.
McLaren said in a statement that Alonso will now spend the next few days in “further rest and recuperation” rather than returning to the wheel of the MP4-30 this week.
The newly Honda-powered team said its reserve Kevin Magnussen will replace him.
“Jenson (Button) will be testing the McLaren-Honda car tomorrow (February 26),” McLaren added.