Bugatti is planning to axe the Galibier in order to focus on developing a successor of the Veyron.
The announcement hasn’t been made official just yet but according to Motor Trend, the Bugatti Galibier is expected to be axed. Our source says that Wolfgang Schreiber, the company’s CEO, doesn’t believe the brand can support the Galibier and the Veyron and instead of producing the Galibier, the carmaker will focus on the development of a successor for the Bugatti Veyron. The company still wants the title of “world’s fastest production car” so it should be extremely interesting to see what the successor of the Veyron will look like and what its performance will be.
As we have told you previously, the Bugatti Galibier concept car was introduced four years ago and it was powered by an 8.0 liter W16 engine, which was believed to produce more than 1,000 HP (750 kW) and its top speed should have been more than 378 km/h (235 mph). The model used a front-engine all-wheel drive layout and it came in a five-door fastback body style. The final production version of the Bugatti Galibier was expected to hit the market in 2014 or in 2015.
Source: Motor Trend
by Cristian Gnaticov
) - Thursday, September 5th, 2013 - filed under Bugatti
. Image credit: .
Discuss: Bugatti Galibier to be axed, Veyron successor comes into focus