Tata

Read By

Industry Technology Tuners Videos Safety Car Crashes Concepts Spy Photos Motor Shows Motor Sport & F1 Test Drive Editors Choice

Tata to increase prices on vehicles

Tata to increase prices on vehicles

Tata Motors Ltd. on Friday said it will raise the prices of its passenger vehicles effective April 1. The average increase is about Rs9, 000 ( $198 – ex-showrooms), with prices varying from city to city and model to model.Utility vehicles prices would go up by between 13,000 to 36,000 […]

U.S.: Tata city car will cost  $7,000 or $8,000

U.S.: Tata city car will cost $7,000 or $8,000

The Indian car company Tata formally announced in the Detroit Auto Show its intention to market the U.S. Nano. A real challenge for a market not used to small cars. In india, Nano costs just $2,500. However, this will not be the case when Nano will come in U.S. Last […]

Tata to use water as fuel

Tata to use water as fuel

Tata motors, the company that still builds the cheapest car in the world, will develop technologies that will use water as fuel. To make cars running on water Ratan Tata invested $15 million for initiating researches, said a scientist involved in the venture. An unnamed professor at MIT, Massachusetts, Boston […]

Tata Motors eyes launching Nano car in U.S.

Tata Motors eyes launching Nano car in U.S.

India’s Tata Motors may consider launching its ultra-cheap Nano car in the United States in three years, its chairman said on Tuesday, following possible sales in Europe by the end of 2011. “We also recognise there is a market (for the Nano) not only in developing countries, but possibly in […]

Tata Motors begins distribution of Prima World truck

Tata Motors begins distribution of Prima World truck

Tata Motors on Wednesday said it has begun distribution of its Prima range of World Trucks, which was unveiled in May this year. The distribution has begun with select customers in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Delhi & West Bengal, a company press release said here. The first product, the Prima 4028 […]

India – Tata Motors doubles profit

India – Tata Motors doubles profit

India’s top vehicle maker Tata Motors said today that it more than doubled profits in its domestic market in the third quarter of the year, boosted by sales of its Nano vehicle and foreign brands. Net profit in the three months to September reached 7.29 billion rupees ($156m) from 3.47 […]

Tata Motors acquires Hispano Carrocera

Tata Motors acquires Hispano Carrocera

Tata Motors, India’s largest vehicles, maker, said on Tuesday it has acquired the remaining 79 percent stake in Spain’s Hispano Carrocera. “Tata Motors, which had a 21 percent stake in Hispano Carrocera since 2005, has acquired the remaining 79 percent shares in Hispano by way of exercise of the existing […]

Tata Indigo Manza launched

Tata Indigo Manza launched

India’s largest auto-maker Tata Motors on Wednesday launched ‘Indigo Manza’, an entry-level sedan. The new Indigo Manza comes loaded with features like Bluetooth connectivity, power outlets for recharging laptops and cell phones, an outdoor temperature sensor and three barreled headlamps. The car will compete with other mid-size offerings like Ford’s […]

Tata secures private loan for Jaguar Land Rover

Tata secures private loan for Jaguar Land Rover

Tata Motors has secured a 175 million pound ($289 million) private sector loan for its luxury unit Jaguar Land Rover and no longer needs financial support from Britain, a UK government spokesman said on Tuesday. The Department of Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR) has been holding talks with India’s […]

Tata or Mahindra to buy HUMMER?

Tata or Mahindra to buy HUMMER?

Casualties of war, a name given to those left behind in battle, nowadays referring more to innocent bystanders than combat soldiers. In these times of war against emissions, carbon dioxide and chokingly high oil prices, casualties may be left behind. The first of these could be HUMMER, General Motors’ gasoline […]