Ecclestone submits new calendar to cancel Bahrain image

( F1 on Friday inched another step towards confirmation that Bahrain will definitely not host a grand prix in 2011.

The FIA said earlier that it can only formally repeal its decision to reinstate the race in the troubled island Kingdom if Bernie Ecclestone submits a new calendar.

“I sent something this morning, so it will be quick,” the F1 chief executive said on Friday morning in Montreal, according to Press Association Sport.

Ecclestone, 80, indicated he still supports Bahrain’s place on the calendar, with Sakhir scheduled to host the 2012 season opener.

“Yeah, I was hoping everything would be fine (in 2011),” he said. “I definitely tried to help Bahrain, that’s for sure.”