The all new Mercedes Benz S-Class that is expected to be unveiled in the near future according to the Chairman of Daimler AG will not be unveiled in March in Geneva, a Mercedes-Benz representative told Inautonews.
“The new S-Class will not be presented at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show”, Mercedes-Benz Marketing and Communications Monica Floristean told us.
When asked about the exact location and date, Miss Floristean refused to answer, telling us that for the moment she cannot give us more details.
The new flagship sedan will get a series of new safety and technological features like the “braking bag”, airbag-equipped seatbelts, distronic Plus with steering assistance (the vehicle will be able to drive itself in some situations), LED lighting, a new Pre-Safe system and many more.
In addition to this, for the first time in history the S-Class will come in six different variants – from a two-door convertible to a limo-length “Pullman” (267-inch-long ) that will replace the Maybach. Besides these new models, there will be a standard, long and extra-long wheelbase, version.
As previously reported, the new S550 will come with a 429-horsepower twin-turbo V-8, while the top of the range S600 will generate around 510 horsepower from a new twin-turbo V-12 engine.
Some sources are indicating about the possibility of three different hybrid choices, with an electric output of 41 hp, 61 hp and 109 hp. But for the moment there are only rumors …
For the moment what we officially know is that the new S-Class will not come to Geneva and that the new car will come in six-different variants.
by Mircea Serafim
) - Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 - filed under Mercedes-Benz
. Image credit: .
Discuss: Exclusive: Mercedes Benz S-Class not coming to Geneva – Official