Jan.14 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Reports that Ferrari has abandoned its innovative ‘pullrod’ front suspension layout for 2014 were apparently wide of the mark.
In late November, Italy’s Autosprint said the Maranello team had “almost certainly” decided to revert to the more conventional pushrod for its new V6-powered car, used by every other team except struggling McLaren in 2013.
And just last week, the authoritative F1 technical illustrator, Giorgio Piola, agreed that his sources also said Ferrari – third in last year’s constructors’ championship – would not have pullrod suspension this year.
“Usually the information from Giorgio Piola is bulletproof,” said Tobias Gruner, correspondent for Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport.
“But even the best-connected experts are apparently also sometimes fed false information.”
Ferrari said on Monday that its returning driver, Kimi Raikkonen, will be at the wheel of the 2014 car in the new simulator at Maranello over three days this week.
Finn Raikkonen also revealed his lukewarm reasoning for picking ‘lucky’ number 7 for his new, permanent race number.
“It’s the number I already had last year and I saw no reason to change it,” he said. “I like it which is good enough isn’t it?”
by Mircea Serafim
) - Monday, January 13th, 2014 - filed under Motorsport
. Image credit: .
Discuss: Ferrari not abandoning ‘pullrod’ layout for 2014