May 29 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Ferrari’s F1 staff were sent home on Tuesday, following the latest earthquake in the Emilia-Romagna region.
We reported earlier this month that the team’s Maranello headquarters were not damaged by the recent magnitude-6.0 quake.
At Monaco last weekend, team boss Stefano Domenicali reminded that “the ground has continued to shake” ever since.
Reuters on Tuesday quoted a Ferrari spokesman as saying staff had been sent home to be with their families following a reported 5.8-magnitude quake.
“We are with you,” Domenicali told earthquake victims on Sunday, “in thought and deed, because our roots are there”.
Ferrari’s 2012 single seaters returned to Maranello on Monday.
They were “already in the car assembly area … to undergo the usual post-race rebuild,” said the team, ahead of the Saturday deadline for shipping to Canada.
Fernando Alonso had been scheduled to work in Ferrari’s driver simulator on Tuesday.