Feb.3 (GMM/Inautonews.com) The unseemly nose designs up and down the 2014 pitlane have been declared legal by the FIA.
We reported last week that a row over the radical noses was shaping up, with one camp of teams pointing the finger at the other, and the governing FIA unhappy with both.
But despite the questions about the safety and legality of the solutions that were also near-universally declared ‘ugly’, Germany’s Sport Bild cited FIA sources in reporting that the governing body has shelved the issue for 2014.
“The FIA intends to clarify the rules for 2015,” the report added.
Much has been said about the various ‘gentleman’s appendage’ solutions seen throughout the pitlane, with perhaps the least attractive being the shovel-like Caterham.
The team’s new 2014 driver, F1 returnee Kamui Kobayashi, however, said: “It may not look very good but it feels good, especially because as the driver I cannot see the nose!”
by Mircea Serafim
) - Monday, February 3rd, 2014 - filed under Motorsport
. Image credit: .
Discuss: FIA delays nose dispute until 2015