Ford F150 EcoBoost Sells Over 200,000 Units image

Ford managed to sell 200, 000 EcoBoost-powered F-150, after t announced the full-size F-150 with a 3.5-liter twin-turbo V-6 will be more efficient than the V-8 alternative.

Ford currently sells more V-6 F-150 than V-8 powered ones, in July EcoBoost V-6 accounting for 43% of the model’s sales, while the base 3.7-liter V-6 accounted for 11%. The total of the V-6 take rate reached 54%. The 5.0-liter and 6.2-liter V-8 sales accounted for 46%, most of the percentage being dominated by the 5.0-liter Coyote V-8.

If Ford sells EcoBoost-equipped F-150, the 2013 Ram 1500 model is debuting with an 8-speed automatic transmission and a 3.6-liter V-6, and the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado is expected to have updated powertrains which will challenge Ford’s V6 and V8 engines. The EcoBoost-equipped F-150 models are mainly sold in Texas, known as a truck-loving region, followed by Denver, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Seattle, and New York. Ford F150 is undoubtedly America’s favorite truck and its best selling vehicle for 24 years and best selling truck for 34 years.

“EcoBoost engines will be even more integral to our F-Series strategy of delivering the capability, power, and efficiency our customers are looking for,” said Ford spokesman Mike Levine.