May 23 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Romain Grosjean has not ruled out leaving Lotus at the end of 2014.
Earlier this week, while backing the troubled Pastor Maldonado, team owner Gerard Lopez said Frenchman Grosjean had emerged from a similar slump to be among the most coveted drivers on the grid.
“We’ve lived the same thing with Romain, and people wrote him off, but now we’ve got people knocking on our door to see if he can be in their team,” he said.
When asked about Lopez’s comments, Grosjean told RMC: “It makes me happy — they are flatting words that are nice to hear.
“But I think it is only the sixth grand prix of the season, there are still a lot of twists and turns and the future is still relatively far away,” said the 28-year-old.
However, Grosjean indicated that it is possible he will not be driving a black and gold car in 2015.
Enstone based Lotus has had an horror 2014 season so far, initially uncompetitive and unreliable and still besieged by rumours of financial strife.
Referring to the annual driver ‘silly season’, Grosjean explained: “Usually it always starts to unlock a little during the summer break.
“For sure I want to win races and try to be world champion, and that requires a team with a car capable of doing it,” he concluded.