Well interesting thing is that Camaro Convertible isn’t due to hit showrooms until March of next year, but Texas-based tuner Hennessey Performance already has a tuning kit for this beauty. We are talking about 755 HP!. . The 2011 HPE 700 Camaro will be available in both coupe and convertible variants… but this time around, the supercharged 6.2L LS9 V8 will make more power.
The 2011 HPE700 gets its additional power from revised boost levels and a more robust fuel system, delivering 755 bhp and 763 lb-ft of torque. This 30 horsepower increase over 2010 will also help move the convertible’s extra weight, while the large 15 inch brakes from last year remain to bring it back to a stop quickly.
In addition to the upgraded LS9 engine, the HPE700 also includes an adjustable coilover suspension, larger sway bars, HPE lightweight wheels, larger 15-inch brakes with 6-piston front calipers, stainless steel long tube headers, painted hockey stripe, Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel, CarbonAeroTM carbon fiber body kit and more to complete the car’s distinct look and performance characteristics.
As with the 2010 model year, the 2011 HPE700 LS9 Camaro will be limited to just 24 units, with no set allocation between coupe and convertible. Pricing for the complete HPE700 upgrade, including the base vehicle, is $132,500 and can be ordered directly through HPE or one of Hennessey’s authorized Chevrolet dealers.
2011 Hennessey HPE700 LS9 Camaro Specifications
- 755 bhp @ 6,400 rpm
- 763 lb-ft Torque @ 3,200 rpm
- 0 – 60 mph: 3.3 sec. *
- 1/4 mile: 10.9 @ 130 mph *
- Skidpad: 1.01 g
- 60 – 0 mph braking: 104 ft.
Note: * with optional 305/35-20 Nitto Drag Radial Tires
2011 HPE700 Camaro Includes:
- Base 2011 Camaro SS with 6-speed Manual Transmission (convertible or hardtop)
- LS9 6.2 Liter Supercharged Engine with Intercooler
- HPE Cold Air Induction System
- Supercharger Pulley Upgrade
- High-Flow Fuel Injectors
- Fuel System Upgrade
- Intercooler System Upgrade
• CarbonAero TM Bodywork: Front Spoiler, Rear Bumper Diffuser & Side Rocker Panels
- Long Tube Stainless Steel Headers
- HPE Extreme Duty Clutch & Flywheel Upgrade
- HPE Race Shift Knob and Shifter Upgrade
- HPE Light Weight Alloy Wheels
- 20 x 10.5 inch (rear); 20 x 9.5 inch (front)
- Pirelli P-Zero Tires, 275/35-YR20 (front); 305/35-YR20 (rear)
• Brembo Front Brake Upgrade: 6-Piston Calipers with Light Weight 15 inch Cross-Drilled Rotors
- Brembo Rear Brake Upgrade: 4-Piston Calipers with 14 inch Light Weight Rotors
- KW / HPE Variant 3 Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension Upgrade
- KW / HPE Front & Rear Sway Bar Upgrades
- Painted Hockey Stick Side Stripe with LS9 logo
- Hennessey Embroidered Head Rests & Floor Mats
- Limited Edition HPE700 Dash Plaque & Hood Plaque
- HPE700 & Hennessey Logos Painted on Rear Deck Lid
- Hennessey Letter of Authenticity
• HPE700 buyers will also receive a 1-day performance driving course at Lonestar Motorsports
Park – a 1/4 mile dragstrip facility located adjacent to Hennessey’s 30,000 square foot production.