/ Motorsport / Hockenheim deal ‘has no exit clause’

Hockenheim deal ‘has no exit clause’

Linked In Share

Jun.18 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Hockenheim’s F1 future is up in the air.

The circuit has a contract with Bernie Ecclestone until 2018, whereby it annually alternates the German grand prix with the Nurburgring.

But F1 supremo Ecclestone and the Nurburgring on Tuesday announced they are close to agreeing a new deal to stage the German grand prix every year between 2015 and 2019 at the Nurburgring.

Hockenheim is furious.

“We have a contract, and it has no exit clause,” Hockenheim chief Georg Seiler told the Mannheimer Morgen newspaper.

“The fact is that we will have a grand prix at Hockenheim in 2016 and 2018. Everything else is speculation.”

However, Ecclestone said earlier that Hockenheim’s contract is based on “special conditions” that would be void if the Nurburgring enters the fray with better terms.

The 83-year-old Briton insists it is only fair.

“The same applies to Hockenheim as well,” Ecclestone told Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport. “We could reach a new contract with them, on the same conditions that we have with other people.”

The Nurburgring on Wednesday did not want to weigh in on Hockenheim’s fury.

“We are not aware of the contractual details between Mr Ecclestone and the Hockenheimring,” said Carsten Schumacher, representing the Nurburgring’s new owners Capricorn.

“Therefore we can not judge and do not want to speculate on whether the race will take place in 2016 and 2018 at Hockenheim, or whether it would be possible for there to be two formula one races in Germany,” he added.

Schumacher said the Nurburgring had no choice but to issue the press release on Tuesday that so angered its Hockenheim counterparts.

“We had to respond,” he argued, “after it was reported in the media that a contract between (Capricorn chief) Robertino Wild and Bernie Ecclestone had been closed.”

by Mircea Serafim (my Google+) - Wednesday, June 18th, 2014 - filed under Motorsport. Image credit: .
Linked In Share
Related Articles


Discuss: Hockenheim deal ‘has no exit clause’

Leave a Reply
















Inautonews Facebook PageInautonews RSS FeedInautonews TwitterInautonews Youtube Channel

Sign up to receive our email newsletter on your email. It's safe. No spam!

2015 New York Auto Show: Cadillac CT6 goes official
2015 New York Auto Show: Cadillac CT6 goes officialCadillac has officially pulled the wraps off its brand new flagship sedan, the Cadillac CT6, in a world premiere, during the 2015 ...
Lincoln and Bentley at war over Continental design
Lincoln and Bentley at war over Continental designFord Motor had been expecting all the spotlights to be on the new Lincoln Continental concept, but the second-largest automaker ...
Honda to also start driverless tests in the US
Honda to also start driverless tests in the USThe third largest Japanese automaker has recently announced it will join Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz in trialing autonomous ...
Audi selects Delphi as provider for its driverless technology bundle
Audi selects Delphi as provider for its driverless technology bundleThe German automaker, the second largest premium carmaker in the world, has started development of a device that is no larger ...
All-new Cadillac CT6 aimed at German rivals
All-new Cadillac CT6 aimed at German rivalsJust ahead of the start of the New York International Auto Show, Cadillac debuted in a world premiere its latest model, the brand ...
Harman International Industries to purchase auto unit of Bang & Olufsen
Harman International Industries to purchase auto unit of Bang & OlufsenThe Danish luxury stereo and TV maker Bang & Olufsen, also well known for its implication in high-end automotive products, ...
Hyundai seeks autonomous features to be ready for 2020
Hyundai seeks autonomous features to be ready for 2020South Korea’s Hyundai Motor, the fifth largest automaker in the world when taken in consideration with affiliate Kia Motors, ...
Mexican suppliers fueled by auto output boom
Mexican suppliers fueled by auto output boomMetalsa SA, a parts maker that makes elements for Ford F-150 pickup trucks and Toyota Sienna minivans, or Tenedora Nemak SA, a ...
French government-controlled bank divests Valeo stake
French government-controlled bank divests Valeo stakeThe French public investment bank BPI decided it was time to relinquish its 1.7 percent holding it had in French auto parts ...
Female driver says F1 series for women ‘good idea’
Female driver says F1 series for women ‘good idea’Apr.1 (GMM/Inautonews.com) A female racing driver has tentatively welcomed plans for an all-women's formula one series. Bernie ...
Red Bull ends Renault row to focus on 2015 – Marko
Red Bull ends Renault row to focus on 2015 – MarkoApr.1 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Red Bull and Renault have sidelined their furious row, according to Dr Helmut Marko. After ...
Monza set for F1 rescue talks in Monaco – Capelli
Monza set for F1 rescue talks in Monaco – CapelliApr.1 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Ivan Capelli, the new chief of the Italian grand prix organiser, has vowed to save the embattled ...
Sainz tips ‘giant steps’ for Alonso, McLaren
Sainz tips ‘giant steps’ for Alonso, McLarenApr.1 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Ferrari is not looking back, having put its 'Alonso era' swiftly behind. After departed number 1 ...
Alonso doubts Ferrari can beat Mercedes ‘regularly’
Alonso doubts Ferrari can beat Mercedes ‘regularly’Apr.1 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Even after Ferrari's breakthrough win, Fernando Alonso insists he has no regrets about swapping the ...
Raikkonen is on Vettel’s pace – manager
Raikkonen is on Vettel’s pace – managerApr.1 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Kimi Raikkonen's manager has defended the Finn following suggestions he is already slipping into a ...
Read more automotive news


2015 Geneva Motor Show Coverage

Cadillac CT6 1
Fiat-500-Retro-1
mid-engined corvette 1
Honda-S660-Mugen-1
mazda mx-5 1
2016 GMC Terrain 1
McLaren-570S-01Coupe
2016 audi a4 1
Honda S660 Concept Edition 1
bmw m4 coupe crash mechanic netherlands 1
mclaren mp4-12c crash train florida 1
mclaren 675lt spotted spain 1

More automotive from inautonews
Cadillac has officially pulled the wraps off its brand new flagship sedan, the Cadillac CT6, in a world premiere, during the 2015 New York Auto Show. After a lot of spy shots and teaser images with the brand new Cadillac CT6 have hit the web, the North American based automaker has officially ...
read more
Inautonews Editors Section
Test Drive – Mitsubishi ASX 2.2 Diesel AT Instyle 4WD
Test Drive – Mitsubishi ASX 2.2 Diesel AT Instyle 4WD The Mitsubishi ASX can be called just about anything except for “new” and this is the word we are looking for because the company seems to have ...
Test Drive – BMW 2-Series Active Tourer 218d
Test Drive – BMW 2-Series Active Tourer 218dIn an attempt to keep production costs low and to go ahead with its times, the 2-Series Active Tourer is the first vehicle made by BMW with a ...
Test Drive: BMW 225i Active Tourer
Test Drive: BMW 225i Active TourerOne word of advice from the very beginning – if you’re a BMW purist that believes the blue-white logo has nothing in common with front wheel ...

Editors Section
Inautonews Editors Section
2012 Safest Cars list 2011 Safest Cars [Video] 2011 IIHS Safest Cars [Video] 2011 EuroNCAP Safest Cars 2010 Safest Cars [Video]

Latest in Safety Recall roundup: BMW motorcyclesBMW has issued a recall for certain model year motorcycles because of the mounting flange on the ... US: Toyota introducing affordable auto braking safety packsToyota Motor Sales USA Inc, the local division of Toyota Motor Corp, the largest automaker in the ...
Safety Section