Jaguar Land Rover sales up 45 percent in December 2011 image

Jaguar Land Rover sales increased 45 percent to 30,981 in December 2011 compared with December 2010, owner Tata Motors today announced.

Of the total number, Land Rover sales were 26,255, up 53 percent, while Jaguar sales in December rose 9 percent to 4,796 units. Combined sales of Jaguar Land Rover for the fiscal year from March increased 22 percent to 216,412 units, with Land Rover sales up 31 percent to 176,491 units and Jaguar sales down 7 percent to 39,921 units.

Tata Motors said total passenger vehicles sales stood at 61,066 units in December 2011, a 45 percent increase compared to the same month of 2010. Commercial vehicles sales were up by 12 percent year-on-year at 53,854 units during the same month.

Global sales for the entire Tata Motors group, including Jaguar Land Rover, rose 27 percent to 114,920 in December 2011. Combined sales for the fiscal year rose 12 percent to 865,400 units. The Tata Motors Group’s global sales portfolio comprises the Tata, Tata Daewoo and Hispano Carrocera range of commercial vehicles and Tata passenger vehicles, along with Jaguar and Land Rover premium brands.