Ken Block aims to participate in three rally events in the 2013 WRC season.
The American has entered WRC events since 2007 and was even planning a full-time program at one point. However, he reduced his WRC appearances last year due to his other commitments in the United States including rallying, rallycross and his popular Gymkhana tour and related activities. But even though he has a similar busy schedule this season, Block said his renamed Hoonigan Racing Division would still be involved in the WRC.
“For me it’s great to continue racing in the World Rally Championship. Last year I competed in three events and in two of them I finished within the top ten and scored points [the third event would have ended with a top 10 finish also, but ended in a mechanical DNF on the final day]. I really enjoy being able to stay somewhat competitive in WRC, despite only competing part-time and not being able to log any testing in the car prior to the actual events. Hopefully I’ll be running a similar amount of WRC events in 2013,” Block said in a statement.
The American took ninth-place finishes in Mexico and New Zealand last year. He did not say which WRC events he will enter this year.
by Dan Mihalascu
) - Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 - filed under Ford
. Image credit: .
Discuss: Ken Block to enter three WRC events this season