Working from a proven platform that offers a luxurious interior with modern technologies, Lincoln is today announcing its chauffeur-dedicated MKT Town Car models designed specifically for fleet customers at the 2011 International LCT (Limousine, Charter, and Tour) show.
Two different MKT Town Car body styles, Livery and Limousine, make their debut in near-production form, maintaining Lincoln’s position in the livery industry and building on the success of the well-established Lincoln Town Car sedan.
Comfort is the name of the game with livery operators, so Lincoln has pushed the rear seats of the MKT further back to add 1.5-inches of legroom.
Benefits of the MKT over the previous Town Cars include a taller stance, making entry and egress easier, more interior space, as well as latest SYNC and Wi-Fi amenities for the driver.
Passengers will get USB conectivity a 110-volt power socket in the rear seat center console, and Wi-Fi hotspot capability for mobile tablets, laptops and other devices. The audio system controls are also fully accessible to rear seat passengers.
The new MKT Town Car Livery model provides operators with a cargo capacity of 39.6 cubic feet, more than the outgoing Town Car sedan.
Key technologies and features included in the MKT Town Car models include:
- Puddle lamps on the rear doors
- Map and newspaper pockets in the back of the front seats
- Vanity mirrors in the headliner with integrated task light
- Continuous rear floor mat for both footwells
- Improved rear seating design
- Remote start
- Rear view camera
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert
- Wi-Fi capability for mobile tablet, laptops and other devices
- Lincoln SYNC
- Voice activated navigation controls
- Second-row 110-volt electric plug and USB mobile phone charger
• Tri Zone EATC with Auxiliary HVAC unit