The new Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S making its worldwide première at the 2009 North American International Auto Show sets yet another milestone in terms of sportiness in the high performance luxury sedan segment of the automotive market. Conceived and developed as “a real driving machine in the guise of a luxury sedan”, troche the Quattroporte Sport GT S is the ultimate expression of Maserati’s sportiness in the Quattroporte range.
The technical changes to the new Quattroporte Sport GT S concern four areas:
• the mapping of the V8 4.7 litre engine, with power increased to 323kW;
• the gearshift management software, with new features designed to increase driving enjoyment;
• the front and rear suspension system featuring single-rate dampers, stiffer springs and lower ride height;
• the sport exhaust controlled by pneumatic valves for a deep, throaty and captivating sound.
The sportier and more aggressive look is evident in the interior’s and exterior’s stylistic choices:
• the new black grille with concave vertical fins featuring the Trident logo with red accents, typical of the sportier versions of Maserati models;
• the new headlights, in metallic titanium finish;
• the new M-design seats with perforated Alcantara® and leather upholstery;
• the standard trim in Titantex, a “titanium coloured” composite material.