An extremely rare example of the McLaren F1, order in the LM-spec, will be offered for auction soon.
Spotting a McLaren F1 can turn out to be quite impossible since a limited number has been offered for sale but seeing the LM variants can be similarly to seeing a topless mermaid in the middle of the desert, so this info, on such a supercar being offered for sale, couldn’t have gone by unseen. The model in question has been created back in 1995 in just five examples as McLaren was celebrating its win at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Another two vehicles have been upgraded to the LM Specification by the British brand and this particular example has been factory-upgraded.
The supercar is wearing a red finish on its body and it is the 63rd McLaren F1 to have been produced It has an upgraded gearbox, high-downforce aero agenda, an updated engine and a full-road spec cabin. This will be auctioned between on the 13th and 14th of August, in California, by RM Auctions so considering the fact that this is one of the most iconic supercars ever and that it is extremely rare, it will go for a staggering price, that is if anyone present will be willing to spend a fortune on it. McLaren has produced the F1 between 1992 and 2998 and this came in a two-door coupe body style, with a 6.1 liter V12 engine and a 6-speed manual transmission. It was producing 680 HP (510 kW) and 705 Nm (520 lb-ft) and it was the fastest and most powerful road-legal car of its time.
According to multiple sources the vehicle should hit more than 4 million euros.
McLaren F1 LM specifications:
- Total nr of units produced: 5 + 1 prototype
- Designed by: Murray Gordon
- Layout: rear mid engine / rear wheel drive propulsion
- Engine: 6.1 liter V12 ( same engine found on the 1995 F1 GTR )
- Gearbox: Manual, 6-speed
- Total weight: 1,062 kg ( 2,341 lb ) 60 kg less compared to the normal model ( it has no audio system for example )
- Tyres: Michelin SX-MXX3 (275/35 ZR 18 front / 345/35 ZR 18 rear ) on specially designed magnesium alloy wheels
- Fuel tank capacity: 90l
- Acceleration: 0-60 mph: 2.9s 0-100 mph: 5.9s 0-100-0 mph (world record): 11.5s over 828 feet or 252 meters
- Top Speed: 225 mph or 362 km/h