/ Motorsport / Montezemolo denies making Ferrari quit threat

Montezemolo denies making Ferrari quit threat

Linked In Share

Jun.19 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Luca di Montezemolo on Friday hit reverse gear, after he was quoted as having threatened to pull Ferrari out of formula one.

The Italian marque’s president made the clear warning last week to the respected Wall Street Journal, as he insisted that any Le Mans foray for Ferrari by 2020 would be at the expense of F1.

Montezemolo has been highly critical of the new shape of the pinnacle of motor sport, and has reportedly written a letter to Bernie Ecclestone asking for a meeting with all the major stakeholders to discuss the future.

But it is believed Ferrari’s highly critical stance was discussed at length during the F1 Commission meeting on Wednesday, and two days later Montezemolo is now tempering his earlier remarks.

“A letter to Ecclestone? I don’t need to write to him to arrange a meeting,” multiple Italian publications on Friday quoted Montezemolo, 66, as saying at a Maserati event in Modena.

“I never said that Ferrari would pull out, but I do think the time has come to make a reflection on our system. I think Ferrari has the duty to seek improvements for the benefit of the teams, the fans, the media and the sponsors.

“And I think that, having been in formula one for 64 years, Ferrari has the right to think about the future,” he added.

“Formula one is an extraordinary sport,” said Montezemolo, “but we need to do something to make it better.”

by Mircea Serafim (my Google+) - Thursday, June 19th, 2014 - filed under Motorsport. Image credit: .
Linked In Share
Related Articles


Discuss: Montezemolo denies making Ferrari quit threat

Leave a Reply
















Inautonews Facebook PageInautonews RSS FeedInautonews TwitterInautonews Youtube Channel

Sign up to receive our email newsletter on your email. It's safe. No spam!

Report of $231m deal for Hamilton ‘like satire’ – Wolff
Report of $231m deal for Hamilton ‘like satire’ – WolffFeb.28 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Toto Wolff has scoffed at a media report purporting to know the dizzying value of Lewis Hamilton's ...
Manor racing to be ready for Melbourne – Booth
Manor racing to be ready for Melbourne – BoothFeb.28 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Team founder John Booth is confident the former Marussia team will make it to Melbourne. Having ...
‘Manor Marussia’ on 2015 entry list
‘Manor Marussia’ on 2015 entry listFeb.28 (GMM/Inautonews.com) As predicted earlier, the FIA on Friday published the official 2015 entry list that includes a place ...
Vettel hails ‘awesome’ pace from new Mercedes
Vettel hails ‘awesome’ pace from new MercedesFeb.28 (GMM/Inautonews.com) After a winter of apparent 'sandbagging', Mercedes finally let the cat out of the bag on ...
McLaren quiet on Alonso’s ‘medical situation’
McLaren quiet on Alonso’s ‘medical situation’Feb.28 (GMM/Inautonews.com) McLaren has counted itself out of the continuing speculation about Fernando Alonso's medical ...
Alonso hit wall at 105kph – report
Alonso hit wall at 105kph – reportFeb.27 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Fernando Alonso struck the wall at 105 kilometres per hour last Sunday. That was the claim on ...
‘I’m completely fine’ says smiling Alonso
‘I’m completely fine’ says smiling AlonsoFeb.27 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Fernando Alonso on Friday declared himself "completely fine" after his Barcelona crash and four-day ...
Manor to appear on 2015 entry list on Friday
Manor to appear on 2015 entry list on FridayFeb.27 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Friday is another crucial day in the history of the reborn Marussia team. Now called Manor, the ...
Exclusive: Honda confirms NSX debut for Geneva, announces the rest of the lineup
Exclusive: Honda confirms NSX debut for Geneva, announces the rest of the lineupHonda has officially confirmed the European debut of the NSX supercar which will be made at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show and it has ...
Rolls-Royce SUV to be called the Cullinan
Rolls-Royce SUV to be called the CullinanThe Rolls-Royce SUV is getting closer and closer to the production line and according to a recent report, the model in question ...
Recall roundup: Cadillac ATS for power sunroof controls
Recall roundup: Cadillac ATS for power sunroof controlsGeneral Motors has issued yet another recall, this time for the Cadillac ATS, because of a problem discovered with the power ...
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus unveils the SCG 003S and SCG 003C
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus unveils the SCG 003S and SCG 003CThe brand new Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003S and SCG 003C have been unveiled recently by the car manufacturer. The brand ...
Bugatti Veyron Finale spotted
Bugatti Veyron Finale spottedThe first images with the Bugatti Veyron Finale, the last edition of the hypercar, have ended up on the web ahead of its public ...
Crashed Ferrari 458 Spider spotted
Crashed Ferrari 458 Spider spottedThe newest addition to the Car Crashes category is a white finished Ferrari 458 Spider which has been spotted recently in ...
US: Nissan committed to sales goal on added production capacity in South Korea, Japan
US: Nissan committed to sales goal on added production capacity in South Korea, JapanNissan Motor recently said its underlying goal – besides exceeding Japanese rival Honda – was to command 10 percent of the US ...
Read more automotive news


2015 Geneva Motor Show Coverage

Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus scg 003c 1
bugatti veyron finale 1
white ferrari 458 spider crash 1
lamborghini aventador sv leaked 1
ferrari 360 modena crash australia 1
rolls-royce suv 1
Audi S3 Cabrio by MTM tuning 1
FAB Design updated the Mercedes G55 and the G63 AMG 1
Hyundai-i20-Active-sketch 1
2016 peugeot partner 1
2016 smart fortwo brabus 1
Mercedes-AMG GT3 1

More automotive from inautonews
Honda has officially confirmed the European debut of the NSX supercar which will be made at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show and it has also confirmed the rest of the lineup present at the event. After being shown more than a month ago, at the 2015 NAIAS in Detroit, the brand new NSX is getting ready to ...
read more
Inautonews Editors Section
Test Drive: Ford Tourneo Courier 1.0 EcoBoost – Serenity
Test Drive: Ford Tourneo Courier 1.0 EcoBoost – SerenityFord has been battling losses for years in its Ford of Europe business, but judging by the model lineup of the second largest US automaker you would ...
Test Drive: Renault Megane GT Line Energy 1.2 TCe
Test Drive: Renault Megane GT Line Energy 1.2 TCe Besides the Megane GT Line diesel, tested here, Renault is also offering a petrol version of the model which is using the 1.2-liter turbo. But is ...
Test Drive: 2015 Aston Martin Vantage N430 Q – Brutal
Test Drive: 2015 Aston Martin Vantage N430 Q – Brutal Unveiled just last year during the 2014 Geneva Motor Show, the Aston Martin N430 is, according to the British automaker the most dramatic ...

Editors Section
Inautonews Editors Section
2012 Safest Cars list 2011 Safest Cars [Video] 2011 IIHS Safest Cars [Video] 2011 EuroNCAP Safest Cars 2010 Safest Cars [Video]

Latest in Safety Recall roundup: Cadillac ATS for power sunroof controlsGeneral Motors has issued yet another recall, this time for the Cadillac ATS, because of a problem ... Recall roundup: Chrysler 200 vehiclesChrysler has recently issued a recall for the 200 vehicles because these may have a manufacturing ...
Safety Section