BMW Ag, the largest premium automaker in the world has just announced that the Ring-Taxi service has started again with the brand new 2013 BMW M5.
There is space for up to three people to take a seat in the 560hp sedan and be driven by a well-versed BMW Driving Experience Instructor around the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
For a few years the service was run in the previous-generation M5, with its high-revving V10 engine, but when that model was phased out of production, so was it retired from Ring Taxi duty.
Reservations can be made online at a rate of EUR 216.- incl. VAT at http://www3.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en/fascination/bmw_ring_taxi/tickets_and_dates .
One important piece of advice: the trips are very much in demand. A ticket allocation is released for booking every Monday at 10 am CET. You have to be quick – experience shows that it only takes a few minutes for all the tickets to be gone until the following Monday.
The 2013 BMW M5 F10 features the 4.4l biturbo V8 engine that is capable of 560 bhp, an increase from 407 bhp in the 7 series 750i as well as 555 bhp in the X5 M / X6 M.
BMW M5 F10 important facts:
Significantly improved balance between performance and fuel consumption:
– acceleration 0–100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.4 seconds
– 0–200 km/h (124 mph) in 13.0 seconds
– top speed: 250 km/h / 155 mph (305 km/h / 190 mph with M Driver’s Package)
– average fuel consumption in EU test cycle: 9.9 litres/100 km (28.5 mpg imp)
– Power transfer to the rear wheels via the seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission Drivelogic
– Launch Control