Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today reported November 2009 sales of 56, 288 units versus 46, 605 units last year, an increase of 20.8 percent, compared with November 2008. Nissan Division sales rose 29.9 percent for the month, while sales of Infiniti vehicles were 26 percent lower than a year ago.
* Nissan vehicles posted sales of 50,644 units in November compared with 38,974 units sold in November 2008, a 29.9 percent increase.
* Nissan Division car sales were up by 41.6 percent year over year, and truck sales rose 11.7 percent in November 2009 compared with the same month last year.
* Vehicles showing significant sales increases included Maxima (up 83.8 percent), Altima (up 43.1 percent), Frontier (up 71.4 percent) and Xterra (up 50.9 percent).
* Infiniti sales for November 2009 were 5,644 units, down 26 percent from the 7,631 units sold in the same month last year.
* November sales of the G Coupe totaled 1,186 vehicles, up 23.3 percent from 962 sales in November 2008.
* Sales of the FX rose 13.6 percent to 776 units in November 2009, compared with 683 sales in November a year ago.