Mar.6 (GMM/Inautonews.com) The Nurburgring looks to have been sold for between EUR 60 and 70 million.
This week, F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone said he had been outbid for the fabled German grand prix venue, having offered “$50 million”.
Now, the leading business weekly Wirtschaftswoche reports that Miami-based private equity company HIG Capital was the high bidder, having pledged EUR 60-70m for the circuit, amusement park and nearby hotels.
The report said the Nurburgring trustee had actually wanted a three-digit million sum.
HIG Capital declined to comment.
Asked if the Nurburgring will return to the calendar as scheduled next year, Ecclestone told Reuters: “It depends who buys it.”
by Mircea Serafim
) - Thursday, March 6th, 2014 - filed under Motorsport
. Image credit: .
Discuss: Nurburgring sold for up to EUR 70m – report