Union bosses said that US aid will not save European brands like Opel / Vauxhall.
According to union representatives, GM has drawn up a restructuring plan called Project Renaissance.
“Every scenario with the implementation of the Renaissance project in Europe will ultimately lead to a collapse of Opel/Vauxhall within one and a half to 2 years a the latest, ” Franz said in a statement.
If Opel/Vauxhall stay with GM, then, according to the forum:
• The brands will be unable to receive loan guarantees from European governments
• GM will face expensive lawsuits to lay off employees
• New-car projects will be postponed
• Sales will continue to plummet
• Skilled staff will leave the company.
In the same time, Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung announced that state governments are working on a strategy to dissolve Opel from GM.
“There is no future with GM. We can only see any prospects with a divestment,” Klaus Franz, EEF chairman, said.