May 31 (GMM/ Organisers of next year’s inaugural New Jersey street race have once again dismissed claims the event is in doubt.

Bernie Ecclestone said last month that the American grand prix could be pushed back to 2014.

And the F1 chief executive repeated his doubts this week, revealing the organisers are having trouble with “funds” and had therefore missed deadlines in the contract.

But when asked about Ecclestone’s latest comments, a spokesman for the race, which would be played out amid the famous Manhattan skyline, insisted preparations are “precisely on schedule”.

According to, he added that organisers are “still on track for a June 2013 race”.

The spokesman added: “We don’t comment on our contractual relationship with formula one or its details.”

The land that will be used for the race is co-owned by Roseland Property Co., whose boss Carl Goldberg said he had “heard nothing to suggest that there’s going to be a delay from any of the American promoters”.

He added there is “a significant amount of time and money being invested, all pointed to a first race in 2013.”

Goldberg said Ecclestone’s comments are “disconcerting” in light of the money, time and manpower invested so far.