Rally and motocross champion Travis Pastrana will compete the full NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule this year with the Roush Fenway team.
The announcement was made by Roush Fenway co-owner Jack Roush and Pastrana himself last week.
Pastrana, who will drive the No. 60 Ford Mustang, is considering a switch to full-time NASCAR and plans to enter all 33 Nationwide races this year. He has made nine career Nationwide starts so far, including one for Roush Fenway last September at Richmond.
“I am extremely excited about making the move into full-time NASCAR competition in 2013 and equally thrilled to have the opportunity to make that move with Jack Roush and the team at Roush Fenway Racing. I am very serious about making this move, running competitively and ultimately winning races in NASCAR,” said Pastrana, a four-time rally champion, motocross champion and multiple X Games gold medal winner.
Pastrana will team up with veteran NASCAR crew chief Chad Norris and will be partnered with a variety of sponsors during the season. “Travis is a champion. It takes a great deal of drive and determination to reach that level of greatness in any field. He is serious about this move to NASCAR and we are committed to doing everything we can to see his career develop in NASCAR,” Jack Roush said during the announcement.
Roush Fenway Racing will have two full-time Nationwide entries with Pastrana and 2010 Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne in the No. 6 Ford.
by Dan Mihalascu
) - Monday, January 7th, 2013 - filed under Ford
. Image credit: .
Discuss: Pastrana to drive full NASCAR Nationwide season with Roush Fenway Racing