Petter Solberg managed to be the fastest driver in the first stage of Mexico Rally, ensuring a minimum advantage against Sebastien Loeb and Mads Ostberg.
After winning the qualification round, Petter Solberg and his Ford rally car managed to finish the first stage in Mexico Rally on the first position, ending the 1.05 km in just 53.7 seconds, 0.4 seconds faster than Sebastien Loeb and his Citroen and 0.6 seconds faster than Mads Ostberg. Mikko Hirvonen had to settle for the fourth position, being followed by his former teammate, Jari-Matti Latvala who is driving a Ford.
Because the first stage in Mexico Rally was so short, only 1.05 kilometers, the first ten positions were separated only by 1.9 seconds so the battle for the final victory remains open, ahead of the other 11 specials scheduled for Friday. You can see the first ten positions in the table below.
1. Petter Solberg – Ford – 53.7s
2. Sebastien Loeb – Citroen – +.04s
3. Mads Ostberg – Adapta Ford – +0.6s
4. Mikko Hirvonen – Citroen – +0.8s
5. Jari-Matti Latvala – Ford – +1.0s
6. Ott Tanak – M-Sport Ford – +1.0s
7. Chris Atkinson – Monster Ford – +1.5s
8. Armindo Araujo – Portugal Mini – +1.7s
9. Thierry Neuville – Citroen Junior – +1.9s
10. Nasser Al-Attiyah – Qatar Citroen – +1.9s