Interstate 10 eastbound and westbound has been closed in several areas between Interstate 75 and U.S. 90 in Baker County due to heavy flooding, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The National Hurricane Center said Debby was about 85 miles west of Cedar Key, Fla., and moving eastward near 3 mph. It had maximum sustained winds near 45 mph, barely tropical-storm status.
Emergency officials say flooding is the main concern. People in several sparsely populated counties near the crook of Florida’s elbow have been urged to leave low-lying neighborhoods.
The Florida Highway Patrol is warning motorists to use extreme caution on other parts of the main interstate highway in the area where more wind and rain is forecast today.
In Alachua County, a sheriff’s deputy was injured when his car hydroplaned on southbound Interstate 75 and hit a guardrail at around 5 a.m. today. The deputy was transported to Shands at the University of Florida and was reported to be alert and in good condition.
– Interstate 10 between I-75 (Exit 296) and U.S. 90 (Exit 324) is still closed in Baker and Columbia counties.
– Florida 121 at Steel Bridge Road in Baker County is facing a partial closure.
– U.S. 90 from Interstate 10 to the Nassau County line is partially closed in three areas.
– In Columbia County, Florida 247 north of County Road 240 is closed, as is Florida 47 at Interstate 75.
– U.S. 441 from Interstate 10 to the Georgia line has a partial closure in four areas.
– Near Lake City: I-10 eastbound is CLOSED from I-75 to US-41 and I-10 westbound is CLOSED from US-90 to I-75 due to flooding. Use caution and seek an alternate route.
– Highway I-275: The Sunshine Skyway Bridge is closed in both directions due to a high wind advisory. Please use other routes.
– Highway SR 589: SR 589 Suncoast Parkway is closed in both directions at Exit 46 SR 50. Please seek an alternate route.
– Country: Marion Flooding in Marion County has closed CR-314 at the Sharpe Ferry Bridge. Motorists should seek an alternate route.
– Country: Nassau Nassau County: US-1 is CLOSED between Sikes Road and Charis Road due to flooding.