Many serious car collectors – like the one that paid a cool record-setting $52 million last year for a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO – embrace their passion in anonymity. Others, such as known fanatics Jerry Seinfeld or Jay Leno – like to show off.
While you may count them among the top contenders when it comes to a list of celebrities and their most expensive rides, the truth is they’re outshined by the celebrities that usually adopt a high-profile, high-spending lifestyle – yes, it’s the rappers. Website FinancesOnline.com headed out to search some of the most expensive celebrity cars and suffice to say that out of 10 positions, they occupy six.
1. Jay-Z - he’s got an utterly rare Maybach Exelero, paying a jaw dropping $8 million for a customized version of the car. He’s got dibs on exclusivity as well, considering the brand is now – again – extinct.
2 – 4. Lil Wayne, The Game and Flo Rida tie for the position with each owning a $2.7 million version of the Bugatti Veyron.
5. Birdman – he seem to have had a lucky encounter of some sorts, as he only $2 million for his Veyron, after he was cheap enough to back out of purchasing another Maybach Exelero.
6. Simon Cowell – another great deal, another Bugatti Veyron, this time priced at only $1.7 million – maybe all that talent judging also brought him new bargaining skills.
7. Kanye West – he’s got a $750,000 Lamborghini Aventador, although it looks like the supercar suffered punitive damages when a service driver was hit by Kim Kardashian’s electric gate.
8. Jerry Seinfeld – with a huge collection of rare Porsches, the well-known comedian has been seen fiddling around in a not so new 959, which is valued at around $700,000.
9. Nicholas Cage – once an action star, which should really search for a role in Sylvester Stallone’s Expendables series to return to mainstream attention, likes a $670,000 Ferrari Enzo.
10. Jay Leno – with several hangars filled with cars, according to FinancesOnline, his usual ride is actually a $500,000 Mercedes SLR McLaren.