The British based automaker Rolls-Royce has recently announced a recall for some of the Phantom models sold in the United States because fuel filler may be missing a safety component.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a total of 27 units of the Rolls-Royce Phantom will be affected by this recall in the United States and their owners will have to take a trip back to the dealers in order to get the problem fixed. The NHTSA says that the Rolls-Royce Phantom vehicles in question might not have the anti-misfueling devices mounted on the fuel-filler necks.
“Without the anti-misfueling device, there is an increased risk of fire from static electricity”, as Rolls-Royce told the NHTSA.
The affected Rolls-Royce Phantom cars are from the 2013 model year and they have been produced between November 2, 2012, and January 18, 2013. No reports of accidents or injuries related to this issue have been received so far by Rolls-Royce or by the NHTSA. Owners of the affected vehicles will be notified by the carmaker soon. The cars will be inspected and the affected fuel filler necks will be replaced, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin soon.