Apr.12 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Red Bull will split in two directions this weekend in China, as the defending champions seek to return to the pace.

After a less than satisfying start to the 2012 season for the previously dominant energy drink owned team, Dr Helmut Marko said this week that Red Bull has “a plan” for how to get back on track in Shanghai and beyond.

“Mark (Webber) will test an evolution of the setup used in Malaysia,” RB8 designer Adrian Newey is quoted by the Portuguese language corridadeformula1.com, “while Sebastian (Vettel) will run with a specification from the preseason.

“Then we will compare the results,” revealed the Briton.

Vettel, just sixth in the drivers’ standings at present, admitted this week that McLaren is the “team to beat” so far in 2012.

“I still don’t think the pecking order has settled down yet,” insisted Lewis Hamilton on Thursday in China.

Vettel agrees: “The first two races it looked extremely tight and I think it’s not yet clear what is the right order,” said the German.