(Inautonews.com/GMM) Sauber has withdrawn its appeal against the disqualification of Sergio Perez and Kamui Kobayashi from the Australian grand prix.
After the stewards excluded the C20 cars from the points in Melbourne due to a rear wing technical breach, the Swiss team said it would challenge the decision.
But “After examining all the facts“, the team has in fact “decided not to appeal”, Sauber said in a statement late on Tuesday.
Team boss Peter Sauber revealed earlier on Tuesday that the breach was in the order of only a few millimetres.
“It did not bring us any performance advantage, but the fact is that it was a deviation from the regulations. We take note of the stewards’ decision,” said technical director James Key.
He added that the Hinwil based team has “put measures in place” to ensure the checking process during construction of parts is better in future.
“Notwithstanding the disappointment, we have shown that we have a fast car and two highly talented drivers,” said Peter Sauber. “It makes me optimistic for this season.”