Chevrolet is upping the ante at SEMA 2010 with the reveal of two new Corvette concepts – one focused on style and another ready to take to the track.
The Jake Edition Chevrolet Corvette is a Grand Sport coupe designed around Corvette Racing’s skull mascot, known as Jake.
The Chevrolet Jake concept is powered by an LS3, 6.2-liter V8 engine with a Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission.
Some of the accessories used to create the Chevrolet Corvette Jake concept are not currently available, but are planned for future release, including Jake-logo floor mats, console lid, wheel center caps and more. Other parts, including the hood graphic and Z06 wheels, are offered as Genuine Corvette Accessories
“The Corvette has long inspired car enthusiasts to personalize it. The Jake concept shows one very unique way to do it,” said Ross. “With the great variety of accessories and other parts available, there’s virtually no limit to how you can make your Corvette stand apart from all others.”
Chevrolet Corvette Jake Edition HIGHLIGHTS
• Black color
• Corvette Z06 wheels in Competition Gray
• “Corvette”-logo windshield header graphic (concept)
• GT1 Championship Edition Jake-logo hood graphic
• Jake-logo wheel center caps (future)
• Jake-logo fender badge (concept)
• Jake-logo underhood blanket and lighting package (future)
• Chevrolet Accessory full-width rear spoiler in Cyber Gray
• Ebony leather with titanium stitching and red accents on the seats
• Chevrolet Accessory interior trim kit
• Chevrolet Accessory racing pedal kit
• Chevrolet Accessory “Jake” floor mats (future)
• Chevrolet Accessory “Jake” console lid (future)
• LS3 6.2L V-8 with Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission
• Chevrolet Accessory Tech-pattern engine cover
If the Jake Edition Corvette Grand Sport isn’t quite as hardcore as you’d hoped (despite wearing the Corvette Racing mascot as its defining element) fear not: Chevrolet has you covered with the 2011 Corvette Z06X Track Car Concept.
Chevrolet teamed up with Pratt & Miller, partners in Corvette Racing, to design the Corvette Z06X concept. Their goal was to showcase how enthusiasts can turn a production Corvette into a full-on track car.
The powerplant is an LS7, 7.0-liter V8 engine that is upgraded with a low-restriction air-intake system, a high-capacity radiator and a racing-spec cooling system. Power is transferred to the rear tires through a Tremec six-speed manual transmission.
The 2011 Corvette Z06X Track features competition-oriented modifications including: an adjustable carbon fiber rear wing, a polycarbonate rear window, roll cage, racing seat and safety harness, racing wheels, suspension enhancements – including coil-over struts with fully adjustable camber plates – racing-spec cooling system and more. The radio, carpeting and sound-deadening material are also removed.
The 2011 Corvette Z06X Track concept vehicle wears a low-gloss Icy White Metallic exterior color, accented with exposed carbon fiber body components and red trim. It rides on black racing wheels and racing tires. The 2011 Corvette Z06X Track interior is all business, with a racing seat, window net and roll cage-mounted camera system. It includes a racing pedal kit, a Genuine Corvette Accessory.
2011 Corvette Z06X Track HIGHLIGHTS
• Low-gloss Icy White Metallic color with exposed carbon fiber and red accents
• 2011 CFZ-option carbon fiber package, including splitter and rockers
• Adjustable carbon fiber wing
• ZR1 carbon fiber roof panel and B-pillar panels
• Carbon fiber raised hood (from the Z06 Carbon Limited Edition)
• Carbon fiber headlamp housings from Specter Werkes/Sports
• Weight-saving and shatter-resistant polycarbonate rear window
• Base Z06 1LZ trim
• Radio, carpeting and sound-deadening material removed
• SCCA-spec roll cage
• SCCA-approved window net
• Racing seat with five-point safety harness
• Fire suppression system
• Driver’s drink system
• Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
• Genuine Corvette Accessory racing pedal kit
• LS7 7.0L V-8 engine and Tremec six-speed manual transmission
• Low-restriction air intake system
• High-capacity radiator and enhanced cooling system
• New-for-2011 Z07 Performance Package, feature Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors and special brake pads
• Lightweight racing wheels in black; 19-inch (front) and 20-inch (rear)
• Michelin racing tires
• Mono-ball control arm bushing
• Adjustable stabilizer bars
• Coil-over struts with adjustable camber plates