May 22 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Bruno Senna will be at the wheel of his Williams throughout the Monaco grand prix weekend.
Recently, the Brazilian has been giving up his seat to the team’s rising young reserve driver Valtteri Bottas on Friday mornings.
Because the Finn is managed by team shareholder Toto Wolff, and with him recently bringing new sponsors Wihuri and Kempii to the livery of the FW24, speculation had suggested Bottas might soon replace struggling Senna altogether.
Austrian Wolff, however, rubbished those rumours.
And now it emerges that Senna, 28, will be driving all weekend in Monaco, including in the initial practice session, which in the Principality will take place as per usual early on Thursday.
However, Senna also kept his FW34 throughout the Melbourne race weekend, held on a semi-permanent road circuit.
And Bottas told a Finnish newspaper late last year that his programme for 2012 will involve him practicing at every grand prix circuit “except for the street races”.
Therefore, he is expected to also sit out Canada, Valencia and Singapore.
The pressure is on Senna. In the sister car, Pastor Maldonado raced from pole to the famous British team’s first win since 2004 last weekend in Spain.
Senna failed to make Q2, and in the race was crashed out by Michael Schumacher.
“I have performed well there (at Monaco) in the past and hopefully that trend will continue this weekend and we can get some good points,” he said.