BMW Ag, world’s largest premium automaker on Tuesday said that the My BMW Remote app is available for Apple iOS devices.
The new application can access features such as remotely locking and unlocking of doors, getting the location of their parked vehicle, and sending Google Local Search results to their vehicle. In addition, some customers will even be able to send a command to sound the horn or flash the headlights of their BMW.
Drivers will need an active BMW Assist Safety Plan, a compatible vehicle and an Apple device running iOS 4.0 or later to utilize the new functions. They can then download the app from the iTunes store with no changes required to their car.
My BMW Remote includes the following functions in detail:
• Vehicle Position – If the vehicle’s ignition is off, and it is located within 0.6 miles (1km) of the mobile device, the current vehicle location can be displayed on a map in the mobile device.
• Google Local Search – Search for local businesses, restaurants, and more on the mobile device and send the details to the vehicle.
• Remote Locking & Unlocking – Customers can remotely lock or unlock their vehicles, providing peace of mind if they are unsure whether they locked the vehicle in the parking lot or if they have accidently locked keys in the vehicle.
• Remote Horn – send a remote command to sound the horn of your BMW to help locate the vehicle.
• Remote Headlights – remote control of configurable exterior light functions to help locate the vehicle.