TomTom announces that the TomTom for iPhone navigation application can be purchased in the Apple iTunes App Store starting today.
“With TomTom for iPhone, millions of iPhone users can now benefit from the same easy-to-use and intuitive interface, turn-by-turn spoken navigation and unique routing technology that our 30 million portable navigation device users rely on every day,” said Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director of TomTom. “As the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps, TomTom is the most natural fit for an advanced navigation application on the iPhone.”
The TomTom for iPhone 3G and 3GS users includes a continental map of Europe or map of UK & Ireland from Tele Atlas, and is available to download through www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app from £59.99GBP.
TomTom for iPhone key features
TomTom app for iPhone includes the exclusive IQ Routes™ technology. Instead of using travel time assumptions, IQ Routes bases its routes on the actual experience of millions of TomTom drivers to calculate the fastest route and generate the most accurate arrival times in the industry. TomTom IQ Routes empowers drivers to reach their destination faster up to 35% of the time.
Furthermore, the TomTom app for iPhone comes with an extensive safety camera database including verified safety camera information in 11 European countries². This means drivers are informed ahead of time about any safety cameras on their route, encouraging road safety, while saving money on fines at the same time.
Additional TomTom app for iPhone features include:
Best routing and maps
• Navigation software including fast route planning and clear voice instructions
• Automatic re-routing if a turn is missed
• Route demo or map of route when trip planning
• Latest Tele Atlas maps of the US, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand
Easy to use and personalise
• User interface fully optimised with iPhone
• Multiple display options including landscape and portrait navigation view
• Night and day colour mode for optimised screen visibility in varying light conditions
• User interface available in 18 languages
• Change view settings (2D or 3D map display)
• Easy to download from iTunes App Store
Complete phone and map integration
• Multi-touch gestures such as tap, swipe, pinch and zoom to operate the application and zoom in and out of the map
• Navigation to contacts in address book
• Points-of-interest search and call capabilities from iPhone
Pricing and Availability
Apple will make continental and regional versions of the TomTom for iPhone application for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS users, available today on www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app.
• The TomTom app for iPhone including map of Western Europe is available for £79.99 GBP
• The TomTom app for iPhone with maps of UK & Ireland is available for £59.99 GBP
Compatibility with iPod touch and other iPhone models coming soon.
Requirements for use on the iPhone 3G or 3GS include phone installation of OS3.0 and installation of iTunes on the PC or Mac.
Ad 1. About TomTom IQ Routes™
TomTom IQ Routes applies the historical travel time experience of millions of drivers to calculate the best route possible. The technology is based on historical speed measurements for every time of day, one for every road segment, from large motorways to small local roads. In up to 35% of all cases, the use of IQ Routes results in driving a faster route, saving significant travel time as well as money and fuel.
Ad 2. Safety Camera information is available in selected European countries including: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom.
Ad 3. Included user interface languages: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Danish, English UK, English US, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese BR, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish LA, Swedish and Turkish.