TomTom WORK, the business-to-business division of TomTom, today announces the availability in the U.S. market of TomTom WORK Active, a connected navigation solution for businesses offering LIVE services, as well as enhanced fleet monitoring and reporting capabilities. With the availability of TomTom WORK Active, TomTom adds real-time services, including TomTom Traffic, to its connected navigation solution. LIVE traffic information helps the service fleet avoid traffic jams, greatly reducing operating costs and improving service levels to customers.
“In a dynamic service or delivery environment it is important for fleet managers and drivers to have as much real-time information at their disposal as possible,” said Michael Geffroy, vice president of sales at TomTom WORK. “TomTom WORK Active is a significant improvement to our award-winning solution, which is recognized for its ease of use, broad application for all commercial fleets of any size and quick return on investment.”
TomTom WORK Active consists of three integrated products: TomTom GO 7000, LINK 300 and WEBFLEET® platform. When used together, these products help fleets save time, money and fuel, and improve their overall business performance.
TomTom WEBFLEET is the online application for fleet and order management. It is easy to use, intuitive and presents performance measurements that are critical to the operations of a commercial vehicle fleet. With one single overview, business managers gain access to valuable information and trends that can help them quickly make informed decisions about their fleets, teams and drivers.
TomTom GO 7000
The TomTom GO 7000 is a connected navigation device that is specifically developed to meet the requirements of professional drivers operating in a commercial vehicle fleet. The GO 7000 is LIVE services ready* and offers a number of essential navigation, communication and order management features.
* Real-time traffic and intelligent routing – The GO 7000 presents users with up-to-the minute traffic speed and incident reports via TomTom Traffic. The device also features TomTom’s proprietary IQ Routes™ Technology, which calculates the most efficient route for any given time of day and day of week.
* Time and order management – These features allow drivers to clock in and out throughout the day to demonstrate work hours, as well as send confirmation at each stage of an order from pick up to delivery.
* Two-way communication – Drivers and dispatch can communicate via text messages.
* Safer driving – TomTom’s connected device is packed with numerous safety features such as hands-free car kit using Bluetooth™ technology, TomTom Help Me! emergency menu and text-to-speech technology.
* Other LIVE services – Drivers receive automatic delivery of helpful real-time information including: TomTom Fuel Price Service for the most cost-effective fuel; Local Search powered by Google for a countless number of points of interest; and TomTom Weather for greater insight into weather conditions along one’s route. The LIVE services subscription also includes QuickGPSfix for a faster satellite fix.
TomTom LINK 300
TomTom LINK 300 is the easy and reliable connection between the office and the workforce. It is easily installed into the vehicle due to its compact nature and connects the GO 7000 with the WEBFLEET interface.
TomTom LINK 300 is a GPS-receiver and a GSM-/GPRS-module in one single unit. Additionally, the TomTom LINK 300 comes with an integrated GPS- and GSM-antenna and Bluetooth for the connection to the TomTom navigation system.
Availability and pricing
The TomTom WORK Active solution is available beginning October 1 via distribution partners of TomTom WORK.
Hardware and subscription prices are available via channel partners.
*The GO 7000 is LIVE services ready, a specific subscription to TomTom WEBFLEET is required as well as the installation of the TomTom LINK 300. The LIVE services for the TomTom GO 7000 are only available in the U.S.