Even if new car sales in Europe drop for the fourteenth consecutive month in November, the lowest result for the period since 1993, the UK car market was the only major carmaker to expand this year. According to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), UK new car sales increased by 11.3 percent last month to almost 150,000 new vehicles (149,191). The new data also shows that UK has now passed France as the Europe’s second-biggest car market.
Interesting is that the economy still looks bleak in UK. Anyway here are 10 best-selling cars in UK this year that is almost over.
10. BMW 1-series – year to date: 31,292 vehicles sold
9. Mercedes-Benz C-class – year to date: 35,328 vehicles sold
8. Volkswagen Polo – year to date: 39,401 vehicles sold
7. BMW 3-series – year to date: 41,340 vehicles sold
6. Nissan Qashqai – year to date: 42,835 vehicles sold
5. Vauxhall Astra – year to date: 57,911 vehicles sold
4. Volkswagen Golf – year to date: 59,465 vehicles sold
3. Ford Focus – year to date: 77,850 vehicles sold
2. Vauxhall Corsa – year to date: 84,924 vehicles sold
1. Ford Fiesta – year to date: 104,288 vehicles sold