Toyota Racing to miss WEC Six Hours of Spa-Francorchamps image

Toyota Racing has just announced that as a result of a testing accident at the Circuit Paul Ricard in Le Castellet last week, will not able to participate in the WEC Six Hours of Spa-Francorchamps.

Toyota said the damage to the TS030 Hybrid was too severe to be repaired, and that a new monocoque cannot be produced and sufficiently tested to ensure reliability within the limited time available.

The driver who was in the car at the time of the crash was not named. How the crash occurred was also not stated by Toyota Racing.

“Regrettably this damage is too severe to repair. A replacement monocoque cannot be produced and sufficiently tested to ensure reliability within the limited time available,” a team statement said on Wednesday.

“We are deeply saddened to announce this decision and our sympathies are with the drivers, team members and fans who have been anticipating the Spa race so eagerly,” Toyota Racing Team president Yoshiaki Kinoshita said.

The team will make its first appearance at the Le Mans 24 Hours in June.