Volvo has announced first details of the latest car in the R-DESIGN stable – the XC60 R-DESIGN. Showcasing a series of sporty visual features, the R-DESIGN package also adds a specially tuned sports chassis and sharper driving characteristics, enabling customers to enjoy the XC60’s practicality together with more dynamic handling and distinctive styling.
The new VOLVO XC60 R-DESIGN will be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September and will go into production in November 2009. Prices will be announced closer to the on-sale-date.
Volvo XC60 R-DESIGN – An overview
* Grille in silk metal finish with R-DESIGN badge
* Door mirror housings in silk metal finish
* Five-spoke 18-inch aluminium wheels – Cratus (20 inch optional)
* Sill mouldings in aluminium look
* Twin chromed tailpipes
* Colour-matched lower body mouldings
* Chrome-plated rear skid-plate with black mesh
* Sport chassis
* 7 body colours to choose between including the R-DESIGN unique colour Passion Red
* Sport seats for great cornering support and comfort
* Unique upholstery in smooth leather with a choice of two colour combinations: off-black with soft beige inserts or vice versa
* Embossed R-DESIGN emblem in the front backrests
* Watch Dial instrument with blue gauges, unique to the R-Design model
* R-DESIGN sports steering wheel trimmed in perforated leather
* Sports pedals in aluminium
* R-DESIGN centre stack trim with a new décor pattern
* Gear selector trimmed with perforated leather
* Off-black sports mats
Rear Seat Entertainment now available in the Volvo XC60
Keeping rear seat occupants entertained, especially children, has never been easier with Volvo’s Rear Seat Entertainment System (RSE). The System includes a screen and DVD player fitted to the back of each front head rest. An RSE option is already available in the V70, XC70, S80 and XC90, however, Volvo is pleased to announce that RSE is now available for all XC60 customers at a cost of £999 including fitment and VAT.
The XC60 system consists of two bright LCD screens in 7″ widescreen format mounted in the front headrests. The screens can also be tilted to minimize the risk of sun dazzle and reflections in bright conditions.
The DVD players are integrated into each screen and enable rear seat passengers to watch different movies. Discs are inserted from underneath, making it easier for children to use, and also prevents small things from being inserted down into the DVD device. The system is equipped with AUX inputs that allow the connection of external sources such as iPods®, MP3 players and games consoles.
The RSE system also contains two wireless headsets and a wireless remote control. All the devices have been thoroughly tested and fulfill Volvo’s high safety demands.