May 26 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Mark Webber has moved to rubbish speculation he might be in line to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari.
The Australian has only a one-year contract with Red Bull, although team figures have indicated a new deal for the 35-year-old is likely.
Webber scoffed at the Ferrari rumours.
“It’s like someone clicks a switch in May and says, ‘Oh, Mark’s off to Ferrari’,” he said, with the Evening Standard revealing Webber shook his head whilst answering.
“I’m used to this stuff … I’d say 80 per cent of what you hear is bulls**t.”
Webber admitted he might have been close to retirement at the end of last season, following a difficult campaign when his teammate teammate Sebastian Vettel utterly dominated.
“I was cooked, mate,” he said. “At the end of last year, I needed to recalibrate and reset.
“As a sportsman I was a bit burnt out.”
His season-ending victory in Brazil, however, was a good foundation to bounce back.
“The best winter I’ve ever had, mate,” said Webber. “I felt like I was flying after it.”
As for who will be champion at the end of topsy-turvy 2012, he insisted: “Not a clue mate. Me.”