(Inautonews.com/GMM) Organisers of the 2012 US grand prix are expected to receive permission to start constructing the pit and paddock buildings this week.
It emerged earlier that although digging and tunnel work has begun at the Austin site, permission for actual building construction is yet to be granted for the Circuit of the Americas project.
But a Travis County official told the Austin American Statesman that developers will imminently get permits “to work on the facility’s most complex buildings”.
Track officials are also set to meet with the county.
“I’m assuming this is a routine meeting with them. We’ve had the same types of meetings before,” said project attorney Richard Suttle.
Next year’s inaugural US grand prix in Texas is provisionally scheduled to take place on June 17.
“We hope to have the work done in time for all necessary inspection for having a race (in June), and right now we think we can,” added Suttle.
“We’re under way. We’ve got a schedule, and we intend to stick to it.”