/ News, Other / Bosch Study Shows 60% of European Drivers Consider Autonomous Cars a ‘Good Idea’
Bosch Study Shows 60% of European Drivers Consider Autonomous Cars a ‘Good Idea’
A recent study made by Bosch in Europe shows that the majority of drivers consider autonomous vehicles a good idea.
Bosch, the world’s largest supplier of automotive components, wanted to know the European drivers opinion about self-driving cars. The company interviewed 3,000 drivers, from which 60% said that autonomous vehicles are ‘a good idea’, but they also believe that a self-driving car should also offer the driver the possibility to take over whenever he wants.
Italian drivers were the most excited about this ides, 65% of them agreeing with the idea of self-driving vehicles, followed by France with 63% and Germany with 52%, the rest of 48% being skeptical about the future of autonomous vehicles.
Earlier this month Bosch presented its first self-driving car through a YouTube video, in which it is described the innovative work at the Bosch Research and Technology Center in Palo Alto, California. Although self-driving vehicles are still considered by many of us as belonging to the science fiction area, Bosch took the idea one step closer to reality.
“This is really like science fiction, it’s the future we’re working on,” says a Bosch engineer in the video.
The Italian based automaker Fiat has recently pulled the wraps off its latest creation, the 500L Living, which is expected to go on sale starting from July.
Fiat is continuing to expand the 500 lineup and the newest model to be based on the popular small vehicle is named the 500L Living and, just ...
Test Drive: 2013 Infiniti M35hFor those who may think that hybrid vehicles are underpowered, slow, noisy and difficult to drive, well the M35h model from Infiniti, the first ...
Test Drive: Renault Clio IV TCe90The new generation of the Renault Clio is finally here and this is probably one of the best looking hatchbacks in the B-segment.
Engine and ...