Chevrolet marks the brand’s 100th anniversary and its racing heritage with a Centennial Edition trim package for the 2012 Corvette.
The 2012 Centennial Edition package will be available on all Corvette models – including Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 – starting this summer.
First off, the Centennial Edition will be the 100th 2012 Corvette to come off the assembly line, wearing the vehicle identification number ending in “00100.”
The exterior upgrades to the 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette begin with the unique satin black lightweight wheels measuring 18″ in the front and 19″ in the back for base and Grand Sport models, or 19″ up front and 20″ out back for the high performance Corvette Z06 and ZR1.
Moreover, all Centennial Edition Corvettes come only in a dead-sexy Carbon Flash Metallic paint with satin black graphics running down the middle of the car. Red brake calipers bearing the Corvette logo and various 100th anniversary badges with Mr. Chevrolet’s likeness are found on the wheel centers and B-pillars.
Many Corvette models already come with Magnetic Ride Control, but for those that don’t, the Centennial Edition package will add it, too.
Seats get an embossed centennial logo, and even the traditional “crossed flags” Corvette logo gets special treatment on Centennial Edition ‘Vettes, with the fleur-de-lis symbol replaced by a “100” logo. The black theme carries over inside the car as well, with all special edition cars receiving an Ebony leather interior with microfiber suede inserts.
The 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette Z06 (VIN 100) to be auctioned is based on the production 3LZ model with the Z07 performance package, new Z06 carbon fiber hood and CFZ carbon fiber package, which includes:
- Bose premium sound system, with one-year XM subscription, navigation and USB
- Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
- Power-adjustable and heated seats
- Memory package, home remote, Head Up Display and power-telescoping steering wheel
- The Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, with leather-wrapped upper instrument panels, upper door trim panels and console storage cover and red contrasting stitching
- Z07 performance package, including Brembo ceramic brakes, Magnetic Ride Control and 19-inch/20-inch wheels and Michelin tires
- CFZ package includes carbon fiber rockers, front splitter and roof
- New Carbon Fiber raised hood option for Z06, which was introduced on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition.